Sunday, May 23, 2010

where's summer ?

photo copyright z m evensen

This is what I woke up to this morning! This is a few days before the official start of summer!  What the ... ?To top it all, I just planted munstead lavender last week. Hope they survive.  The grape hyacinths , alliums, and  tulips are just about to bloom. The daffodils are really showing off their bloom.  Will they survive the storm? I also see a lot of pine seeds germinating. Maybe I will try to save some and see it they survive.

Our house furnace is not working -- so I will have to bundle up and rely on space heaters today.

To think I watered the lawn yesterday because the sandy soil was dry. Am waiting to see whether the wildflower seeds I planted last fall will come out. I noticed that yarrow, lupine, and  echinacea have started to pop their leaves through the soil. The catrmint, russian sage and lilacs are alive and well. Planted another lilac -- california rose- last week. Hope it survives this surprise later spring storm.





No comments:

Post a Comment