Monday, April 26, 2010

SPRING AGAIN

On the other hand, here are my daffodils this April at 8500 ft above sea level.  Huge contrast from the vibrant spring colors of Southern California.  I wasn't sure whether the bulbs would survive being buried under ten feet of snow and it is snowing off and on.  Another interesting experiment. Haven't seen the lilac bushes and catmint come out from under the snow. I also planted grape hyacinth , dutch irises and ranunculus as well as red poppy and bachelor button seeds.Hope these will survive the deer which will  to be out in force soon. One thing I know, chives seem to be coming as 'volunteers'.  I heard Munstead lavender can survive -10 Celsius weather. Will try that this spring. Moreover, I can't wait for fishing season to open soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment